I am pleased to welcome you to Advanced Health Care for Women. It is our mission to address your gynecological health care needs effectively, compassionately, and professionally.
I have more than 15 years of providing gynecological care across all age groups ranging from adolescence to menopause. In addition to routine care, I specialize in urinary incontinence, Da Vinci surgery and menopause treatment.
I believe in a holistic, patient-directed approach to care. I find that preventative care combined with a proactive approach to treatment is a combination that works well for my patients. I like to involve my patient in her medical care by providing her with options for treatment such as medications, surgery, or just expectant management; and then let her choose which works best for her.
I look forward to a lasting relationship with my patients through routine preventative health care visits as well as in times of need. Working together, my patients can achieve their best possible gynecological health.
Dr. Sheetal Kumar
Sheetal Kumar, M.D., FACOG
- Martin Memorial Health Systems- Stuart, Florida
- St Lucie Medical Center- Port St Lucie, Florida
- Chairperson of Dept of OB/GYN/PEDS 2006-2008
- State of Florida Department of Health Division of Medical Assurance – Licensed Medical Doctor
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of State Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs, Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
- Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Medical Association
- Diplomat of the American Board of Medical Examiners, July 1995
- Urodynamics and Urogynecology
- Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
- Mildly Atypical Pap Smears
- Davinci Robotic Surgery
- Married to Amitabh Kumar, MD – Gastroenterologist
- Full time Gynecologist and Full time Mother of 3
- First Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do
- Owner of Shangri-La Day Spa
- Advanced Health Care for Women- Stuart, Fl. March 2000 – present
- St. Lucie Ob/Gyn- Port St Lucie, Fl. October 1999-February 2000
- Sacred Heart Hospital Healthcare System- Allentown, Pa. September 1998-Sept. 1999
- Sibley Memorial Hospital- Washington, DC. (In-house Physician) 1996-1998
- Eastern Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute- (Research Fellow) 1991-1992
- Lehigh University- Bethlehem, Pa. (Andrology Research Assistant)
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1994-1998
- The George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC
- Accelerated (6 year) B.A./M.D. program
- Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
- Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine 1988-1994
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA.
- Bachelor of Arts in Premedical Sciences
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
- Medical College of Pennsylvania Department of Community and Preventive Medicine
- The Medical Humanities Program” “Humanities Scholar”
- Summa Cum Laude
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Management of Mildly Atypical Pap Smears.” GWUMC Ob/Gyn Grand Rounds November 1996
- Management of Abnormal Pap Smears- a review.” Primary Care Update for Ob/Gyns, vol 5, no.1 (Jan 1998)
- Abnormal Pap Smears in Pregnancy.”- Independent research 1997.
- Effects of Osmotic and Chemical Stress on X vs. Y Chromosome Carrying Sperm” Andrology Lab, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa. 1990